Tucker Carlson has officially parted ways with Fox News and his last show was on Friday. Fox News has confirmed this and thanked him for his service to the network that has been dominating many various ratings over other networks for quite some time. Fox News issued a statement that said: We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor,” the network said in a statement.
The network also said there would be a new show at 8pm called “Fox News Tonight” that would start on Monday. That show will rotate hosts provided by Fox News until a new host is officially named.
Tucker Carlson was one of Fox News’ top host in the prime time range. He had millions of viewers each night and some reports say he was one of the most watched ‘pundit’ on cable TV.
It still remains, at the time this was posted, why Tucker Carlson and Fox News parted ways. However, Tucker Carlson isn’t the only host who’s leaving the network. Dan Bongino has left Fox News as well.
Former Secret Service agent and long-time Fox News personality and podcaster Dan Bongino has announced that he recently did his last show with Fox News and they are parting ways. Bongino said there’s no big dilemma and the two have gone their own way in a peaceful manner. Nothing crazy, just two entities going in a different direction when they failed to agree on contract terms.
“Folks, regretfully, last week was my last show on Fox News on the Fox News Channel… It’s tough. It’s tough to say that. You know, I’ve been there doing hits and working there for ten years…so the show ending was tough. “And I want you to know it’s not some big conspiracy. I promise you. There’s no acrimony. This wasn’t some WWE brawl that happened. We just couldn’t come to terms on an extension…”